When it comes to New Year's resolutions nothing quite beats cycling as a great all-rounder for fitness, health, and wellbeing, not forgetting that its fun. Cycling in general is a great way to improve fitness because it is a low-impact form of exercise that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and fitness levels. It is also an efficient way to burn calories and improve cardiovascular health.
Cycling New Year’s Resolutions:
1. Start cycling regularly: If you're new to cycling, or if you've been out of the saddle for a while, a good resolution might be to start cycling on a regular basis. This could mean setting a goal to ride a certain number of times per week, or to ride a certain number of miles each month.
2. Get in better shape: Another common cycling-related resolution is to get in better shape. This might mean ramping up your training and working on your endurance, or simply trying to be more active in general.
3. Learn a new skill: If you're an experienced cyclist, you might resolve to learn a new skill, such as how to ride off-road, or how to do basic bike maintenance.
4. Explore new routes: Another idea is to resolve to explore new cycling routes and destinations. This could mean venturing out on your own to discover new roads and trails or joining a group or club to discover new areas with other like-minded individuals.
5. Be more environmentally friendly: If you're concerned about the environment, you might resolve to use your bike more often as a means of transportation, rather than driving a car. This can be a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and do your part to protect the planet.
6. Try a new cycling discipline: If you're an avid cyclist, you might resolve to try a new discipline, such as road cycling, mountain biking, or cyclocross. This could be a great way to challenge yourself and keep things interesting.
7. Buy a new bike: For some people, a new year is the perfect time to treat themselves to a new bike. Whether you're in the market for a slick road bike or an ebike to help with the uphill climbs, a new bike can be a great motivation to get out and ride more often. Check out our range of bikes HERE.
8. Improve your bike handling skills: If you're a competent cyclist but you feel like you could use some help with your bike handling skills, you might resolve to work on things like cornering, descending, or technical riding. This could involve taking a skills clinic or simply practicing on your own.
9. Join a cycling club: If you enjoy riding with others, you might resolve to join a cycling club or team. This can be a great way to meet new people, discover new routes, and get motivated to ride more often.
10. Set a big cycling goal: Finally, you might resolve to set a big cycling goal for the year, such as completing a long-distance ride or participating in a challenging event. This could be a great way to push yourself and achieve something meaningful.
Overall, taking up cycling or getting back in the saddle is a great way to improve overall fitness and health. It is a fun, convenient and effective form of exercise that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and fitness levels. Go on, give it a go in 2023.